Public Garden + Esplanade
Explore Boston's Public Garden from a different angle on a PhotoWalks tour!
The first botanical garden in America is right here in Boston! The Public Garden was founded in 1837 and transformed from marshland to a beautiful natural oasis that’s a must-see attraction.
There are endless photo opportunities waiting to be captured in pictures: colorful flowerbeds, weeping willow trees, flowing fountains, the George Washington statue greeting you upon arrival at the Arlington St. entrance, the legendary Swan Boats sailing across the lagoon in the heart of the garden, and the famous Make Way for Ducklings sculpture.
The grand finale of this photo tour is the Esplanade, Boston’s famous park along the Charles River, with spectacular panoramic views of the Cambridge skyline.
PhotoWalks founder Saba Alhadi, a professional local photographer and tour guide will provide inspiring photography techniques so you can practice taking frame-worthy images. There’s also fascinating historical commentary throughout our walk.
Discover why this tour is one of Boston’s best walking tours of the Public Garden and the Charles River Esplanade!
Learn how to:
- Compose eye-catching pictures of nature with your camera or smartphone
- Use framing techniques to compose for creative effect
- Apply your newfound photography skills to future picture-taking adventures
All ages and skill levels are welcome. Advance reservations required. (*Please note the same price applies for non-photographers since the experience is also a historical walking tour with commentary.)
The PhotoWalks Guide to Successful Photography is included in the tour price. This e-booklet provides valuable information on maximizing your photography skills and user-friendly explanations of camera functions.
- Tours are conducted in small groups for a more personalized experience.
- For private tours or large groups, please call 617-851-2273 or fill out the Contact Form
Seasonal (mid-April – mid-September) *Please check the calendar for accuracy.
• 90 minutes
• George Washington statue at the entrance of the Public Garden facing Arlington Street.
• Arlington Street (Green Line).