- Important tour info
- All ages and skill levels are welcome. Advance reservations required. *Please note the same price applies for non-photographers since it’s also a historical walking tour with commentary.
- The PhotoWalks Guide to Successful Photography is included in the tour price. This e-booklet provides valuable information on maximizing your photography skills and user-friendly explanations of camera functions.
- Tours are conducted in small groups for a more personalized experience. For private tours or large groups, please call 617-851-2273 or fill out a request.
- What makes a PhotoWalks tour different than other tours?
PhotoWalks has been providing exceptional tours since 2002 and has received media recognition and rave reviews from the public. It is a learning experience unlike any other because you not only learn about Boston and its legendary history, but you also develop lifelong observation skills. You also walk away with fabulous souvenirs — your very own creative pictures!
- Do I have to purchase a ticket in advance?
Yes. Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your reservation. Tours may sell out. Tickets can be purchased online with these credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Please call PhotoWalks at 617-851-2273 to purchase tickets by phone.
- Can I bring children on the tour?
A PhotoWalks tour is age-appropriate for children. Children between the ages of 10 and 17 have a reduced price ticket. Children ages 9 and under are free. Please let us know how many children ages 9 or under you are planning to bring with you upon purchasing your tickets.
- How long is a tour? Is there a lot of walking?
Each walking tour is approximately 90 minutes at a leisurely pace and covers an area of less than a mile. Some tours are two hours.
- What is the average group size?
Tour groups range from a few people to about 10. Group size is kept small to maximize the learning experience.
- What happens if it rains?
Tours operate in light rain, and great pictures can be captured. However, in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, the tour will be canceled. You can reschedule to another day or have a full refund processed.
- Do I have to have a camera to join the tour?
No. Commentary of the historic sites and attractions is part of the experience. PhotoWalks operates as a historic walking tour in addition to offering photography tips.
- What kind of camera can I bring on the tour?
You can bring any camera you’d like on the tour, or no camera at all! The goal of each tour is for you to explore Boston and learn how to see creatively in ways you haven’t considered before. You are welcome to participate on a tour with or without a camera; any type will do — even a smartphone!
- Is the price the same if one person has a camera and the other does not?
Yes. Each participant is on a sightseeing tour and will learn about Boston’s history and photography as well as observation skills.
- What if I have no experience with photography?
No problem! Each PhotoWalks tour is designed for people of all ages and all skill levels. The novice, amateur, and most experienced photographer will all learn how to photograph city sights from different angles using creative thinking and PhotoWalks’ photography tips.
- Will I still enjoy a PhotoWalks tour if I'm from this area?
Of course! You’ll make new discoveries and capture amazing pictures as a tourist in your own home city! You’ll also learn fascinating information you may not have known about Boston’s rich history.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
Absolutely! Purchase online or call 617-851-2273.
- Do you offer private tours?
Yes. If you’re interested in a private tour, please call 617-851-2273 for inquiries.
- What is the PhotoWalks Guide to Creative Photography?
The PhotoWalks Guide to Creative Photography is an instructional booklet that will be e-mailed to you after you take the tour. It provides user-friendly information on capturing creative compositions and understanding various camera settings: aperture, shutter speed, and white balance. And for the adventurous, it includes how to use the manual setting on your camera!
- Are there restrooms along the tour route?
Unfortunately, there are no restroom stops during some tours. Please use the restroom before the tour begins. In the event of an emergency, we will do our best to try to accommodate you.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Some tours may have some steep inclines or steps that make it difficult for someone in a wheelchair. But it can be done!
- Are tours only conducted in English?
- What is the cancellation policy for refunds?
Please call 617-851-2273 or send an email to [email protected] at least 24 – 48 hours in advance for cancellation for any reason for a full refund. No refunds for no-shows.
If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you need help cancelling or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site in Boston and contact their customer service team.