Explore Beacon Hill from a different angle on a PhotoWalks tour! Learn how to take creative pictures in 90 minutes.
Visit one of the city’s most exclusive residential areas, Beacon Hill. Walking along its picturesque, narrow streets is an immersion into a captivating 19th-century English-inspired neighborhood rich in history and charm.
Capture stunning pictures of Beacon Hill’s architectural details, antique gas lamps lining the brick sidewalks, colorful flowers and plants spilling out of the window boxes, beautiful doors, unique doorknockers, the most photographed street in Boston and other surprises hidden in unexpected places.
PhotoWalks founder Saba Alhadi, a professional local photographer and tour guide, will provide instruction and creative photography tips and tricks so you can practice these techniques to get that great shot in Beacon Hill. Oh, and there’s lots of fascinating historical commentary along the way too.
Discover why this is one of the top 10 walking tours in Boston!
On this PhotoWalks tour, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop a photographer’s eye using your camera or smartphone
- Compose sharp images from interesting angles
- Experiment with various camera functions
- Apply your newfound photography skills to future travels
All ages and skill levels are welcome. Advance reservations required.
The PhotoWalks Guide to Successful Photography is included in the tour price. This e-booklet provides valuable information on maximizing your photography skills and user-friendly explanations of camera functions.
- Tours are conducted in small groups for a more personalized experience.
- For large groups of 10 or more, please call 617-851-2273 or fill out the Contact Form
Tuesdays @ 10:15 a.m., Saturdays @ 10 a.m.
• 90 minutes
• Shaw Memorial – directly across the street from the gold-domed Massachusetts State House near the corner of Beacon and Park Streets.
• Park Street (Green Line or Red Line). Turn left upon exiting the station. Walk towards the MA State House. Turn left at the top.