Bring your camera, tripod, and enthusiasm for learning creative night photography techniques on a fun tour in the bustling Seaport District. Discover how long exposure settings result in sharp pictures as darkness descends over Boston.
Explore Boston’s Picturesque South End
The South End has come a long way since its start as a narrow strip of land surrounded by water. Fast forward to the 21-century, when the charming area with picturesque streets is one of the most culturally diverse neighborhoods in Boston.
Explore the scenic neighborhood blocks, each with their own individual character. Learn how to creatively photograph the South End’s attractions: elegant townhouses, rows of decorative iron railings, pocket parks, the colorful mosaic mural symbolizing Puerto Rican culture, and the energetic vibe along Tremont Street in the early evening. Bring a tripod along, because there are photo ops during the golden hour and blue hour.
- Meeting point
- Outside the entrance of Copley Place, directly across the street from Back Bay Station on Dartmouth St.
- Train stop
- Back Bay (Orange Line) or Copley (Green Line)
- Learn how to
- Develop a photographer’s eye using your camera or smartphone.
- Capture a collection of amazing pictures that depict the South End.
- Apply your newfound composition skills to any subject or scene.