Welcome to Boston!
Boston has come a long way since its beginnings as a peninsula with three hills and newly arrived English immigrants settling in 1630. Fast forward to the 21st century and you’ll quickly notice modern skyscrapers, luxury condo buildings and busy streets wrapped around historic landmarks.
I’ve walked a marathon number of miles all over the city since PhotoWalks launched in 2002. I came up with the idea of a Boston history and photography tour business after noticing that locals and visitors walk past historic sites and overlook the charm of centuries-old architecture.
If we are curious enough to take a closer look at the beauty and details in our surroundings, it’s easy to find inspiration in the ordinary or extraordinary. You’ll discover photo opportunities aren’t hiding, they’re everywhere! Learning how to see creatively is how the magic happens in photographs.
As a tour guide, photographer and educator, my goal is to empower people of all ages to take their photography skills to the next level. A PhotoWalks tour is an eye-opening experience that helps you develop lifelong observation skills, whether it’s with a camera or a smartphone.
Boston is one of the most walkable cities in America. Each itinerary is curated to include popular attractions and hidden gems off-the-beaten-path. Check out these day tours as well as the upcoming night tours.
- Travel back in time and walk along the Freedom Trail and visit some of the 16 sites important in America’s colonial history.
- Visit Beacon Hill, where one of the highlights is Acorn Street one of the most Instagrammed streets in Boston.
- Back Bay is known for its architectural icons in Copley Square, the grand Boston Public Library and elegant 19th-century French-inspired brownstones.
- The energetic vibe in Boston’s North End is a hot spot for busy Italian restaurants, quaint cafes, and crowded pastry shops.
- And, a walk along the Waterfront and Fan Pier is always a good idea in spring and summer.
- Looking for more things to do? Check out the great Calendar of Boston Events by Boston Central.
Hope to see you, your camera or smartphone on tour!
Saba K. Alhadi, Founder
PhotoWalks Tours of Boston