Boston By Foot, Camera or Smartphone
Explore Boston by foot and bring your camera on a unique tour experience. PhotoWalks provides insightful commentary and photo tips for capturing the city’s famous historical sites on the Freedom Trail, iconic architectural landmarks, charming neighborhoods, must-see scenic locations, and hidden gems off-the-beaten path.
Got questions about what a PhotoWalks tour is all about? Here are the answers:
1. Is a PhotoWalks tour mostly about photography techniques? No. There is plenty of commentary describing the iconic landmarks, historic sites and scenic locations. Photo tips are offered along the notable stops so you can capture fun and creative pictures in ways you might not have considered before.
2. Is there a lot of physical activity? Each PhotoWalks tour is leisurely paced and less than a mile. There are slight inclines on some tours, but most areas are flat.
3. I’m a beginner in photography. Will instruction be too advanced? No. All skill levels and ages are welcome! The photo tips inspire you to develop your own creative style and capture great pictures of your adventure in Boston.
4. Can I use my smartphone? Absolutely! Smartphone phones or cameras can be used on PhotoWalks tour.
5. What type of camera gear will I need? There’s no need to bring extra camera gear or a tripod on tours conducted during the day. What’s important is to bring a camera or smartphone you are comfortable taking pictures with.
6. My spouse/partner isn’t into photography. Can they join me for free?
No. Non-photographers will enjoy listening to the fascinating commentary throughout the Boston walking tour.
7. How large are the tour groups? Most tours are 10 people or less for a more personalized experience. During peak season/holidays, there may be more, but maxed out at 20.
8. What type of camera gear do I need for a workshop or night tour? A camera and tripod are recommended. There’s more of a focus on photography techniques and camera settings on a PhotoWalks workshop or night tour. Groups are maxed out at 10 people. There’s limited historical commentary.
PhotoWalks founder Saba Alhadi is an enthusiastic tour guide, photographer and educator with 20+ years of consistent 5-star reviews.